How Long have you been doing Genealogy Research? (Years): 0
Which Rosson are you researching?: John Rosson Sr of NC and descendents

Children of John Cummins Rosson, Sr.

Post by Greg »

Does anybody know where his children ended up? Here's what I have:

Addie: ?
Frances: m. John Turner, after that ?
James: ?
Malinda: m. James Thompson, after that ?
Sarah: ?
William: ?
Jr: Lincoln Co, TN
Abner: Hardeman Co, TN
Joseph O: Bedford Co > Marshall Co, TN
Benoni (anybody know where this name came from?): Chatham Co, NC
Ira: Clairborne Co, TN
Hiram: Decatur Co, TN

Any help filling in the question marks would be appreciated.
==
Greg

vkanarr
Are you directly related to a Rosson?: Yes
How Long have you been doing Genealogy Research? (Years): 15
Which Rosson are you researching?: Jerome Rosson

Re: Children of John Cummins Rosson, Sr.

Post by vkanarr »

Here is what I have on them.

Addie married Mr. Carter

James was in NC and married, person I can not find and had a son Joseph Alexander Rosson.
Malinda - Are you sure you do not mean Matilda? Matilda married Jacob Richardson Dec 1840 in Marshall Co., TN (reference Margaret Rosson Montgomery's manuscript.)

William married Peggy Edwards Jan 18, 1839, Chatham Co., NC

John Jr married Bethany Bagley. John Died 1831 in Lincoln Co., TN, Bethany was born in Chatham Co., NC and died in Lincoln Co., TN. They had 7 children:
Henry Bagley Rosson, William Reuben Rosson - February 02, 1790, Sarah Sallie Rosson, Joseph Rosson, Mishael Rosson died 1843, married Marcellus/Marcillus Cook August 20, 1812, Randolph Co., NC, After her first hubby died she then married Merritt H. Short, Candia Rosson married John WM Short, and Mary Ulan Rosson - born October 03, 1820 Tn, Died September 18, 1882, Cooke Co., TX

Abner born 1765 Culpeper Co., VA, died 1832. Married Fanny Pogue feb 20, 1790 in Caswell Co., NC. Fanny born 1769 Caswell Co., NC, died 1863. Had 6 children: David Werville Rosson, W. Rosson, Simoen Rosson, John Rosson, James Rosson, and Joseph Rosson.

Joseph born Chatham Co., NC, died 1839 Marshall Co., TN. Married ?? in NC. Had 3 children that I can find: Samuel Rosson, Hugh Rosson and Sarah Grace Rosson.

Benoni born Chatham Co., NC died 1845 Chatham Co., NC. Married Barbra ?. They had 3 children that I can find: William M. Rosson born 1805 Chatham Co., NC, John J. Rosson born 1807 NC, and Jesse Joseph Mumford Rosson born 1812 Marley's Mill, NC.

Ira born 1789 NC, died aft 1850 Clairborne Co., TN. Married Sarah Wright March 19, 1813 Chatham Co., NC. They had 9 children: William M. Rosson born 1832 Near Chattanooga, TN, Fidellio Hunt Rosson born March 10, 1835 near Knoxville, TN, died September 18, 1895 White Rock Twp., AR, Joseph Rosson born 1818 TN, Phoebe J. Rosson born TN, Sarah Rosson born TN, Joshua Rosson born TN, Ace Rosson born and died in TN, Eliza Rosson, and Elizabeth Rosson.

Hiram Rosson married ??. They had 6 children: Joseph Hiram Rosson born April 18, 1858 Decaturville, Decatur Co., TN, died Tipton Co., TN, Frank Rosson, Mary Rosson, Alice Rosson, John Milton Rosson born 1852 died 1898 and Henry Rosson.

Hope I was able to help.
Children of John Cummins Rosson, Sr.

Postby Greg » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:35 pm
Does anybody know where his children ended up? Here's what I have:

Addie: ?
Frances: m. John Turner, after that ?
James: ?
Malinda: m. James Thompson, after that ?
Sarah: ?
William: ?
Jr: Lincoln Co, TN
Abner: Hardeman Co, TN
Joseph O: Bedford Co > Marshall Co, TN
Benoni (anybody know where this name came from?): Chatham Co, NC
Ira: Clairborne Co, TN
Hiram: Decatur Co, TN

Any help filling in the question marks would be appreciated.
==
Greg

Greg

Post by Greg »

Thank you that was helpful.

However, I think you have the Joseph here:
vkanarr wrote: Joseph born Chatham Co., NC, died 1839 Marshall Co., TN. Married ?? in NC. Had 3 children that I can find: Samuel Rosson, Hugh Rosson and Sarah Grace Rosson.
Joseph Osborn's family is given in his will as wife Rebecca (D Patterson) and children James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, Rebecca Jane, Mary E, Joseph B, Sarah, and John.
==
Greg

Greg

Post by Greg »

Hmm... What was I smoking? These are the grandchildren of Joseph Osborn, not his children.
Greg wrote: Joseph Osborn's family is given in his will as wife Rebecca (D Patterson) and children James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, Rebecca Jane, Mary E, Joseph B, Sarah, and John.
His children were John (1812-1897), Samuel M (1814-1885), Osman (abt 1814-?), William H (1817-1901), Andrew (1820-1880), Mary B (abt 1825-?), and Elizabeth M (after 1825-?). I should be able to figure out Elizabeth's birth year from when her guardianship ended, but I haven't done that yet. I've seen that other people have him having a son Hugh, but I haven't seen him anywhere in the court records, unlike the rest of his children.
==
Greg