New to R.G.

Open to All.

Moderator: Mark

Raindrops-on-Rose

New to R.G.

Post by Raindrops-on-Rose »

Hey, I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm thirteen, and my name is Emily. I'm from Portland (yahoo!) and I want to share a personal experience that I had with another Rosson (no, not my immediate family :])

I was at soccer practice, and I play for a club. We have club jackets (which have our last name on them), and I was playing at Gresham High School. I put my jacket on the ground, and walked away. Later, I went to go pick it up and it was gone. I accused my friends (whoops, sorry!) but none of them had it. My friend pointed at another bag and said "Emily, the bag you're holding isn't yours. This is." I had to explain to her that this was my bag. I turned around, and wha-la! Another bag with ROSSON on it. I wondered if they had taken my jacket.

Turns out his mom had. :] She started researching where we are related but I guess we lost track of e-mails, because I don't believe we ever responded. She said that she found a forum about the Rosson's, and I believe this may be it. If it is, Hi Kathy!

Well that's really all you need to know about me.

alioth

Re: New to R.G.

Post by alioth »

Hi Emily from another Portlander,

I just found this site and found your post and was ASTOUNDED to find another Portlander. My name is Mary Ellen and I live in NorthEast. My great grandmother was a Rosson, just found the site while trying to research her name. I hope I can find out more info regarding the name Rosson, as I had great difficulty finding anything at all on it till now. Well, its great to see another Portlander on the board, and wow, you're only 13! Good for you, learn all you can!!! I'm afraid to say I'm old enough to be your grandmother at 52 :lol: but I'm young at heart. Learn all you can about your ancestors - they are your past and you would not be here without them. Enjoy your researching!!!